Saturday, August 08, 2009

What SPD activities look like in our house...

Our Early Intervention teacher recently asked what we're doing at home to incorporate some of what the boys are working on in therapy. I looked through my pictures to find some ideas for those who want to see just a few of the things we've done to incorporate therapy into home play.

Summy "painting" with the remnants of his popsicle.



A car in a rice "sensory tub" we play with



The boys each do 60 minutes a day of listening therapy. Or, as Summy has termed it "wearing ear hats."




We tried bubbles in the bathtub. You'd think they would love it, but it took quite a while for them to be this happy about it. One of Jack's goals is letting us wash his hair without screaming and climbing out of the bathtub. The last few weeks he's actually let us tip his head back to wash it, and has stayed in the tub and played longer after his hair is rinsed.




6 comments:

Annie said...

They do a lot of things. Try to paint with water the driveway, they are going to love that.

Happy Sunday

Anonymous said...

Looks like they are doing great. So cute as usual.

Leia said...

so cute. I wish I could get the boys to tip their heads back for hairwashing but they freak out and start falling backwards when I try. One thing that has worked for me to get Hunter to like something such as the tub when we did the jets in the big tub was to get Ethan to laugh and make him see how fun it could be.

Alana said...

Finally catching up with blog reading after our time in Ohio...

We LOOOOVED seeing you all at your lovely new home and then here in Jax as well.

Neat to read about the boy's progress. Sounds like their summer therapy has been going great, I'm so happy you were able to move and get AWESOME services in your new county.

BTW---love your new header! :)

We miss you guys already, Em said this morning, "Mom, I loved running in the waves with Jack and Summy." Hugs!

debi9kids said...

These are some great activities! I wish Will would let me out headphones on him.
(ps we have the same issues in the tub)

The Q family said...

We deal with SPD amoung other things as well. Thanks for visiting me from the frog. It took awhile to get here, but I'll be back. Your boys are cute!