Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sensory Processing for Mom?

Two wonderful updates for you:

Yesterday Jack tolerated getting in the ball pit for the first time during therapy.
Today Summy did as well!

Albeit during Jack's therapy today when he accidentally got shaving cream on his hand, he freaked out and ran like a hysterical mess around the room, but I think it's huge progress! Jack is also climbing down a ladder better, putting one foot at a time instead of missing rungs, hanging, and falling.

I hosted a ton of friends for book club Monday night and Shannon was so kind as to leave her puppy chow behind. The boys couldn't be happier!



Today during Jack's session the therapist put on some "sensory listening." It was freaking me out. Music with muted channels, things going on in the background, and distortion. It literally made me sick to my stomach. Perhaps I need some therapy myself??

4 comments:

Elyse said...

For the music, if your not used to it, it will take...time! YAHOO for therapy going well.
~Elyse

Alana said...

Yea! SO glad the therapy sessions are gonig well.

CUTEST.PIC.EVER! :)

Allison said...

Yay for progress and double-yay for puppy chow!!!

Tammy said...

Having the diagnosis has got to be like being able to breathe. Imagine the things you're considering as breakthroughs now - what you would have considered them a few months ago.