Saturday, November 13, 2010

"What's it to you, Minerva?"

As a child, I can remember my Meemaw saying "What's it to you, Minerva?"

You see, my Aunt's husband's mother (My aunt's MIL if you follow) was named Minerva. And apparently she is nosy. So my Meemaw used to say it any time someone asked something that really wasn't any of their business, or crossed a line they shouldn't have.

At a meeting on Tuesday I was talking about the boys with a coworker. She was very surprised to hear they were in special needs preschool. She asked "What is wrong with them?"

I replied, "Fine and gross motor delays, they both have sensory processing disorder, and social/emotional delays."

She responded, "We'll it's okay though, they'll grow out of them because they were premature, right?"

To which I replied, "Probably not, but we're okay with that. It's who they are."

What did I really want to say? "What's it to you, Minerva?"

No comments: