Why I love my SPD children:
1. Summy can locate any vent, fan, air duct, or noisy, air-moving object.
2. When Sumner screams at Jack, he crumples into sobs because his "ears hurt"
3. Summy can't wear bandaids, but every fall requires a hospital visit because he is "bleeding." (God forbid he actually bleeds!)
4. When they drive fast in the car, they get "dizzy."
5. They call home depot "the beepon." (beeping door anti-theft scanners)
6. TV shopping at a store with walls of bright, fast moving televisions causes meltdown central.
7. Summy thinks that microphones are "speaker phones" and that everyone is saying "okey dokie artichokey" into them.
8. Sometimes the dishwasher and the fridge "hurt their ears."
9. Summy thinks our bedroom pillows are "kitty cats" because they are "so soft!"
10. My kids can describe how our car, a store, and many other places smell.