Wednesday, March 03, 2010

brothers...

Every day the boys act more and more like brothers. I wish I could understand the twin bond a bit better, but it is amazing to watch from an outsider's perspective.

In the last week and a half, the boys have decided to start sleeping together again. Our boys slept in the same crib until they were 8 months old. One night a little less than 2 weeks ago, Jack climbed into Summy's bed and they never looked back. Last night I went up to check on them before heading to bed, and Summy was spooning Jack, arm across his chest.

"Hurry up and climb in the pirate ship, Jack!" is frequently heard now, along with equally inviting offers from Jack to Summy. They have pretend stories they act out that are elaborate and detailed. One time last week they followed each other around, hitting each other on the head. When I asked them if they were okay, (they weren't crying, or tattling) Summy said "mama, we're fighting."

I sometimes wonder what it is like to have a counterpart, another half, even if the half isn't identical. It is an amazing bond to watch growing as a parent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too always wanted to be a twin. It's got to be the most amazing bond.

Enjoy....they are precious.

Annie said...

Is so nice see how twins interact and the bond they have is amazing.

Sweetie Pieties said...

I love the pirate ship and the sleepytime cuddles!

Looking forward to many similar stories about my twin boys.