Friday, January 08, 2010

You want me to stick that where?

You know what sucks? Temping. You know what sucks more? Charting.

I had totally forgotten that annoying little thermometer sitting on my bedside table, mocking me. Did I take it as soon as I woke up? Why didn't my temperature shift? Was that a big enough jump for ovulation?

I also forgot that damn fertility charting site with its stupid little graph paper laughing back at me from my computer screen. Maybe you ovulated on day 16...no wait! I'm moving it to day 18 now...no wait...maybe you didn't ovulate at all!

Temping sucks and so does all that freaking obsessing you inevitably do while watching your chart unfold as the cycle goes by. How did I forget?

You know what adds a somewhat comic and ironic twist to temping? Having twin boys who love nothing more than to inspect, move, and run away with everything on my bedside table. Even more hilarious? Having twin boys who love to pretend they are doctors, carrying that hallowed thermometer off to the dark nether regions of the house where it will never be found again.

Maybe they're taking it away to enter my temperatures for me? Do you think they can count to the hundredth place?

10 comments:

Christina said...

Yuck I remember those days...I still have my thermometer I used for a long, long time. Sad, but I can't part with it.

Gwen Papp said...

So funny. I'm pregnant with #3 right now, and I totally didn't think about the thermometer thing until the first morning I was charting and the girls grabbed it and ran off with it. That added yet another thing to do...after taking temp, remember to put the thermometer back in the drawer, not lying on the table. 2 1/2 year old twins make everything more interesting, don't they?

Allison said...

I don't envy you--that little person with the chart, mocking you...I remember it all. The anxiety, watching the temps, waiting for that rise...ugh. ((HUGS))

Catie said...

I hate charting too yet here I am doing it. I at least only have one busy 2 year old to hide my thermometer on me. :)

Annie said...

Your post is so funny.

Have a nice weekend.

PS: I have an award for you on my blog.

debi9kids said...

UGH! I am so thankful my infertility never took me to that level. (I don't think I'd have the patience, esp since I NEVER ovulate normal...EVER!)

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Much luck!

Esther and Brian said...

I remember the charting days, too! Not fun at times...

Hi...found your blog this evening and I just had to write you. I'm also a MOM to fraternal boys (16 months old). I wanted to tell you that Jack and Summy are absolutely adorable! Simply gorgeous children (can you say gorgeous for boys?). I LOVE their hair, their eyes, everything. I could so relate with you on the constant "are they gaining weight"-thing. We, like your boys, are teenie-weenie. Our weights are pretty much in line wih Jack's. Not sure how tall your boys are, mine are now in the 30-50th percentile but NOWHERE near on the charts for weight. I will be happy if they are at 20lb at 2 years, I am not kidding you! It's a constant struggle. And you know, they were not even that early, 36-weekers....
Anyways, pleasure to have found your blog and look forward keeping up with your precious twins! Esther

Esther and Brian said...

Meghan, may I please ask you a question? I just read your entire blog (yes, the twins are sleeping and I am being lazy right now)...since we are sooo much smaller than the average kiddo, we get these "nasty" comments all the time from strangers. Well, not nasty, but comments like "wow, they are so little", "what percentile ARE they?", etc- you get the idea. We have a neighbor who told me last summer about twice a week (!) that her kids (full-term singletons) were always in the 75th percentile, etc. Annoying as heck. So, may I please ask you how you deal with that, if you do get those comments from strangers? Thanks, Meghan... Esther

Anonymous said...

LOL I remember those days! Good luck!

crrv said...

Temping does suck.