Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Pig in a blanket

On Sunday the boys were getting ready to get into the bathtub. I had already taken Summy's clothes off because nothing makes them happier than running around naked.

I went in to take off Jack's clothes, and he was in the bathroom with David, throwing bath toys into the water. I went to take off his diaper and he laughed, and ran over to throw in a rubber duck. As he bent over, David said "eew! he has a turd stuck to his butt!" We were both grossed out, but got a good chuckle and I wiped him up and threw it away.

It wasn't until he ran back over to get more bath toys from the bin that we noticed the problem: the turd had been the end of a very long log that looked scarily like a pig in a blanket, and was lying on the floor in front of David, who had completely not noticed.

We are affectionately referring this to the "pig in a blanket incident." Please begin engraving our parent of the year award.



edited to add: in honor of you, boufmom!

Who Says 8 is Enough?: Say It Like It Is Contest

10 comments:

Harris Boys said...

hahaha...better outside the tub then inside...LOL

too funny!!!!

Liz said...

Hysterical!! I got a good laugh out of this one! Hope that doesn't happen to me! hee-hee

BoufMom9 said...

That is too funny! Gotta love those renegade baby poops! haha
Thanks for playing!

ps I had no idea you taught strings! I so wish you lived near me as we have been looking for a private instructor for AGES!

tbonegrl said...

boufmom-- 4th and 5th strings, 5th band, and K+1 music. I wish I lived closer! I play 18 instruments!

Katie said...

I needed a good chuckle tonight! :)

Souza Sisters said...

Ok this post gave me a good laugh this morning:) I with Katie... better outside than in the tub!

rachael said...

hahaha! and holy moly...18 intruments? you rock!

Danica Lynn said...

OMG!!! That happens to me sometimes. HA!

Becky said...

I am laughing out loud at this one! Love the light pics also and your new siggie at the end of the posts!

A Mom in Jacksonville, FL said...

Laughed out loud...I don't know which was funnier, the poop itself, or you and D calling it a "pig in a blanket." Tee hee! Your little guys are cute as always. I especially like the light pics. :)